Henry County Garden
The Henry County Sheriff’s Office has a garden which is maintained by the inmates at the Henry County Correctional Facility. Of the vegetables that are grown, approximately 60% of them are used for meals within the correctional facility. The other 40% are given away on specified days to the citizens that are in need throughout the community.

Average yearly harvest reports:

Cabbage: 4,000 lbs.
Tomatoes: 3,000 lbs.
Peppers: 400-500 lbs.
Squash: 4,000 lbs.
Purple Hull Peas: 800 lbs.
Turnip Greens: 1,000 lbs.
Turnips: 1,500 lbs